Thank you for your interest in the Gratitude Awards. This page contains the Rules and Terms for these Awards and forms a legally binding agreement between The Gratitude Network and you. By submitting a nomination to the Gratitude Awards or participating in any form, you agree to these Rules and Terms.
The Gratitude Network reserves the right to make changes to these rules and terms at any time. Please periodically check this page for changes. Your continue participation following the posting of changes to these rules and terms will mean you accept those changes.
How to reach us: xxx@….
- No purchase or payment is necessary to participate.
- The Gratitude Awards are global and open to organizations in any country in the world. Thi offer is void where prohibited.
- The Gratitude Network, a registered 501©3 in the state of California, is the official administrator of the Gratitude Awards.
- Nominees can be either not-for-profit organizations or for-profit ventures that have a social mission.
- Nominees must be early or growth-stage entities that are beyond the idea stage.
- All nominators and nominees must be at least 18 years of age at the time of nomination.
- All Gratitude Network employees, officers, directors, advisors, award judges, and the immediate relatives of such persons (spouse, parent, child, sibling and spouse of each) are prohibited from participating in the Gratitude Awards.
- Nominations can only be made online via the official Gratitude Award nomination form. All fields in this form are designated as mandatory and must be completed in English.
- The Gratitude Awards will not discriminate based upon race, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, political orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status or mental or physical disability.
- In order to remain eligible for the Gratitude Awards, all nominees must remain in compliance with all of the above rules through the day of the event. The Gratitude Network will, in its sole discretion, determine whether or not a nominator or nominee has violated one of foregoing rules or any other provision of this agreement.
ADDITIONAL TERMS OF PARTICIPATION
- By participating in the Gratitude Awards as a nominator, nominee, visitor to the awards website, or by accepting a prize in connection with the awards, you agree to release The Gratitude Network, The Intersection Event, its media partners, sponsors and each of the foregoing’s directors, officers, employees and agents from all costs, expenses, liability, losses or claims of any kind, which may arise from or relate to your participation in the Gratitude Awards.
- In addition to the foregoing, you agree to waive any rights you may have under California civil code 1542 which states “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him or her must have materially affected his or her settlement with the debtor.”
- As a participant (defined above) in the Gratitude Awards, you agree to hold harmless, defend and indemnify each of the releases (listed above) for any costs, expenses, judgements, or liabilities of any kind and including reasonable attorney’s fees, incurred as a result of third party claims arising from or relating to your acts or omissions, or your breach of any of the rules, terms, warranties or other provisions of this agreement.
- All prizes are provided “as is” and “with all faults” and witout warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or noninfringement.
- To the extent a participant (defined above) has a claim that is not released by the above liability release, the aggregate liability of The Gratitude Network and other releases shall be limited to the actual cost (excluding attorney’s fees) incurred by such claimant as a result of claimant’s participation in the awards. In no event shall the liability of The Gratitude Network or other releases include indirect, consequential, incidental or punitive damages.
- The Gratitude Network reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Intersection Event or the Gratitude Awards without any liability to participants.
- The Gratitude Network assumes no responsibility for errors in transmission, interruptions in service or other technical errors which could affect a given nomination
- The Gratitude Network assumes no responsibility for any tax obligations which may arise from prizes awarded to the nominee in connection with the Gratitude Awards. Such tax obligations are the sole responsibility of the nominee.
- All decisions made by the judges of the Gratitude Awards are final. Participants will not contest or question decisions made by the judges.
- Recognizing that The Gratitude Network is headquartered in California, each participant acknowledges and agrees that this agreement, though entered into over the internet, is being executed in California. The participant agrees that any disputes related to the Gratitude Awards shall be brought in a California state or federal court and irrevocably consents to the jurisdiction and venue thereof. This agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to conflicts or laws principles.
- To the extent that any provision or portion of this agreement shall be found void, illegal, or unenforceable for any reason, the remaining terms and provisions hereof shall be unimpaired and remain in full force and affect, and the illegal, invalid or unenforceable provision or term shall be replaced by one that is valid and enforceable and that comes closest to expressing the intention of such invalid or unenforceable term or provision.